ConfigServer eXploit Scanner (cxs) - $50/server
ConfigServer eXploit Scanner (cxs) is a new tool from us
that performs active scanning of files as they are
uploaded to the server.
Active scanning can be
performed on all text files:
- Actively scans
all modified files within
user accounts using the cxs Watch daemon regardless of
how they were uploaded
(new in v2)
- PHP upload scripts (via a ModSecurity hook)
- Perl upload scripts (via a ModSecurity hook)
- CGI upload scripts (via a ModSecurity hook)
- Any other web script type
that utilizes the HTML
multipart/form-data (via a ModSecurity hook)
- Pure-ftpd uploads
The active scanning of files can help prevent
exploitation of an account by malware by deleting or moving
suspicious files to quarantine before they become active.
It can also prevent the uploading of PHP
and perl shell scripts, commonly used to launch more
malicious attacks and for sending spam.
cxs also allows you to perform on-demand scanning
of files, directories and user accounts for suspected
exploits, viruses and suspicious resources (files,
directories, symlinks, sockets).
You can run scans of existing user data
to see if exploits have been uploaded in the past or via
methods not covered by the active scanning. It has been
tuned for performance and scalability.
Exploit detection includes:
- Over 6000 known exploit script
fingerprint matches (in addition to standard ClamAV
- Known viruses via ClamAV
- Regular expression pattern
matching to help identify known/unknown exploits
- Filename matching
- Suspicious file names
- Suspicious file types
- Binary exeuctables
- Some illegal web software
- Custom user specified regular
- Reporting of symlink attacks
- Comprehensive constant scanning
of all user data using the cxs Watch daemon - scans all
user files as soon as they are modified
- Daily check for new Exploit
- Check for old version of popular web scripts (e.g.
Wordpress, Joomla, osCommerce)
- New in v5: Bayes probability scanning - scans
scripts and passes the contents through an algorithm
which produces a probability as to whether it is an
- ... and more!
Included with the cxs Command Line Interface (CLI) is a
web-based User Interface (UI) to help:
- Run scans
- Schedule and Edit scans via CRON
- Compose CLI scan commands
- View, Delete and Restore files from Quarantine
- View documentation
- Set and Edit default values for scans
- Edit commonly used cxs files
Note: cxs is not a rootkit scanner, though it can
help detect rootkits uploaded to
CLI Documentation Page
cxs Quarantine Page
before ordering cxs.
Note: Support is not guaranteed for servers running
services from 1h.com
- Apache v2+
- ClamAV daemon process, for virus scanning
- ModSecurity v2+, to enable upload script scanning
(not supported for litespeed, nginx, etc. - only Apache
- Pure-ftpd, compiled with --with-uploadscript for ftp
- csf, if you want pure-ftpd IP
requirements for cxs Watch daemon:
Note: The Virtuozzo VPS does not allow the changing of
kernel parameters and may require /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches
to be increased by your provider if more inotify resources are required
than is set, some providers may not be willing to do this.
Also, a small number of VPS providers use a kernel with a broken inotify
implementation which prevents the cxs Watch daemon from functioning and
results in Out of Memory errors for which we have no solution.
- Kernel with inotify support, e.g.
RedHat/CentOS/CloudLinux v5/6+ OS vendor kernels -
required for cxs Watch daemon
- Linux::Inotify2 perl module -
required for cxs Watch daemon
cxs is a commercial product that is
sold and licensed on a per server basis. Unlike competing
is strictly a one-time per server
license purchase with updates for the life of the product,
all at a reasonable price!
We can perform a single installation per cxs license for you
without additional charge. Please see the
FAQ for more information about
discounts and installation.
All purchases are subject to security
checks. Please read our Ordering
License Terms before purchasing.
Bulk purchase discounts
are available. Please see the cxs FAQ.
A license for cxs is also included
when you purchase our cPanel Service
Exploit Scan Service